The Artisans Center of Virginia Award for Excellence distinguishes outstanding achievement by artisans, organizations or individuals who support the advancement of the craft industry in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It provides an opportunity to acknowledge the commitment to excellence that exists within Virginia and recognizes how much craft enriches and contributes to the quality of life and economic prosperity of our communities.
Application consideration is a rolling process with awards presented at ACV’s biennial craft conference.
Recipients To Date:
• Peggy Baggett, Executive Director of the Virginia Commission for the Arts
• Woody Crenshaw, President of ‘Round the Mountain
• Steve Galyean, Director of Development, Virginia Tourism Corporation
• Janice Arone, Charlottesville, VA
• Betty Branch, Roanoke, VA
• Chuck Brome, Bentonville, VA
• Kevin Crowe, Amherst, VA
• John Jessiman, Appomattox, VA
• Elizabeth Mears, Fairfax Station, VA
• Chuck Pinnell, Crozet, VA
• Nancy Ross, Free Union, VA
• Nan Rothwell, Faber, VA
• Lynne Sward, Virginia Beach, VA
"Silver, gold, minerals, stones and glass. I work with earth-based products. "
Jewelry: Precious Metal Clay, Precious/Semi-Precious Stone,
"I relish the freedom to transform wonderful woods into equally wonderful pieces of custom furniture art that people can use. "
"I specialize in sculptural metalwork compositions of dissected imagery from plant life, feminine symbolism & the human form."
"Combining old and familiar weaving drafts into nontraditional patterns"